CRAZYLEGS 2009: April 25 marked the big day! Nine of 16 of my co-workers ran an 8K (the craziest race in Wisconsin, Madison–CrazyLegs 2009) and the rest walked the two miles. Despite the chilly weather and torrential rain, the team is proud to report that they all finished–many exceeding our goals and expectations.
As many of you already know, I work in the wonderful world of health care. And until 6-7 months ago, began the wonderful journey as a runner with the support and motivation from my co-workers. Ah, the possibilities … Anyway, after a really hot, 4-mile run last week, my friend and co-worker, Robin, had just returned to her desk. I had been in air conditioning for the past hour (not sure why I didn’t go with). So I turn the corner and I see Robin, completely red in the face, out of breath and completely consumed in frustration. Without any explanation, she just turns to me and says, “Do you want to hear my top 10 list of why I hate running outside?” After reading her list and laughing for a few good minutes, I respond, “That’s fabulous material for my blog.” Priceless. So here goes … I’m sure some of you can relate.
Guest post by my friend and work pal, Robin Ballard
10. Bugs in the mouth (it’s Wisconsin folks)
9. The smell of fish from the river (again, Janesville river at this time of year … not a good smell)
8. The taste of fish from the river since I breathe with my mouth open
7. Curbs and the chance I’ll break my ankle one day
6. Water, water, water … cotton-mouth sucks
4. Sunscreen melting from the sweat
1. Dirt from the city all over my sweaty body
So I pose to my fellow runner/fitness fanatic readers: what are your frustrations?
You can follow us on Twitter: Robin: @ruby301 Trish: @trishskram